Ready to localize your Information Security software for a global market? After working on eSecurity applications for decades, SimulTrans has developed this list of best practices to avoid pitfalls and ensure a successful international release.
App localization can seem like a daunting and complicated task, particularly if you are new to it! Here are the top five questions we get asked most frequently by our clients for app localization projects:
- What type of files do I need to send to my language service provider?
- What tools are used for app localization?
- What are the most typical app localization issues in a project?
- How do you test a localized app?
- What do I request back from my language service provider?
Or just click and get a free pseudo translation for your file:
If you are considering whether or not to localize your product or service into Chinese, you need to figure out a few things first. For example, are there enough potential customers for your offering? Do they use the internet? Which devices do they prefer to use? And these questions are only the beginning...
As the end of the year arrives we wanted to recap and put together a list of our top blogs of 2016. Localization is a complex process and spans many industries hence the wide range of topics we've blogged about!
From Machine Translation technology to Global Branding, to video localization and the specific challenges of localizing IoT content - there's something for everyone. Have a look below to see which blogs were most read in 2016!
As a procurement professional, there are many reasons why you might consider switching to a new localization partner.
1. Management might want a more automated process
2. Finance might be looking for a reduction in spend
3. Localization might want to implement the latest technology
4. Quality has received complaints about the quality of your translated product
5. Sales want faster sales and support content translated at a low cost
6. HR has decided to move all training to video format
7. Marketing needs a solution to plug in your proprietary CMS
8. The organization as a whole needs to increase international revenue
So you’ve had the great idea. You’ve launched your company. You’re now searching for that magic moment when you move from being a small, unknown to a global superstar business.
French is the first language of about 115 million people worldwide - in Europe, Africa, America and Oceania. Spanning four continents and two main variants.
While a native speaker from France and another from Belgium or Senegal will use a few distinct expressions, the difference is more significant between European French and Canadian French, or rather “French (France)” and “French (Canada)” in the localization jargon.
Pumpkins, candy, costumes... it must be Halloween, right? While Halloween is a very festive and colorful annual tradition, many countries celebrate differently. It's interesting to examine how the rest of the world celebrates this unique holiday.
When it comes to authoring English source documentation (manuals, instructions, FAQs, etc.) and the need for such content to work well in a Machine Translation context, there is one 'Golden Rule' you've probably heard about:
Keep your sentences SHORT and use ONLY ONE thought per sentence!
PDFs are one of the most popular and convenient ways to disseminate information in the increasingly digital world. They can be opened in practically any desktop or mobile environment, and support almost all modern languages.