SimulTrans is seeking a Project Manager in our Boston, Massachusetts office located in Newton. This is a wonderful opportunity if you love managing projects in the context of international business, technology, and language.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience required
- Familiarity with software localization or translation
- Technical focus, including an overview undestsanding of the software development process and an eagerness to understand many filetypes and structures
- A keen eye for detail; for example, is that an em dash (—) or an en dash (–) that appears in a document whose translation you are managing?
- Superb organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills, both in writing and in speaking
- Superior ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starting, proactive, and charismatic attitude
- A passion for technology and international cultures
- Applicants should be legally authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- Manage software localization and document translation projects, lasting from a few hours to a few months
- Interact with customers and translators in other time zones via email outside of standard Eastern U.S. business hours, including evenings and weekends
- Make customers insanely happy by communicating quickly and cheerfully while exceeding their schedule and quality expectations
- Use industry-leading localization management tools, such as Smartling, WorldServer, and Across Language Server (don't worry—these applications are relatively easy to use for technical people and we will provide training if you have not worked with them previously)
- Use databases, spreadsheets and other tools to track projects
- Select and lead project team members (translators, engineers, publishers, etc.)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers by visiting their offices frequently
- Create and manage project budgets and schedules
- Prepare project status reports for clients and colleagues