In a previous article, we wrote about the considerations of international SEO. However, your global web presence doesn’t just stop at your website. Today’s business operates on social media channels as well. You’d be hard-pressed to find an organization that doesn’t have a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. Businesses are quickly realizing that to effectively reach their clients, they need to be where they are. And, they are on social media.
In a recent article written by the folks over at Edudemic, they highlighted an infographic that highlights the various stats about how social media is used around the world.
Some of the key takeaways from this infographic (shown below) are:
- The amount of smartphone users in Canada (46%) is almost equal to that of the U.S. (48%).
- In France, 31% of the time spent on a smartphone is spent accessing social media.
- 65% of B2B companies have gained customers through LinkedIn
- 77% of B2C companies have gained customers through Facebook and Twitter
- In Brazil, 81% of the population uses social media to search for new products
- 42% of Facebook users in the UK make more than £50,000 ($78,060)